Sunday 17 April 2016

A tribute to Michael C Ruppert


Remembering Mike Ruppert
Seemorerocks



This is my first attempt to record a short podcast which I have divided into two parts. This is my way of remembering my friend, Mike Ruppert on the second anniversary of his passing. 



The first part is a discussion with Carolyn Baker in which she discusses how she met Mike, what he meant for her as well as discussing Mike's shadow and the question of depression in general.






Part two contains my reflections on Mike and relationship with him. I talk about his very important final New Year's message as well as play some of his music.

Please forgive the little technical imperfections.It is the first time that I have attempted to do this!




4 comments:

  1. excellent interview by robin and his wise and insightful guest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this tribute to Mike Rupert. I first heard of him in the early or middle 80s when he exposed the Reagan administration for bringing cocaine into the U.S. to support the Contra wars in Nicaragua. God bless Mike! He is in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Mike and Mary Burke in Virginia in about 96 maybe. They were both friends of Bill W... Mike and I shared many post-meeting meals together. And Mary was working in a toy store in Alexandria. I would pop in and say hello. Mike was driving a Prelude at the time with a vanity tag that said "9thToMe" meaning the Prelude was Mike's 9th step amend to himself. We kept in touch over the years. He visited me in Salt Lake in 2003 or 4 and stayed at my house for a couple of nights. He was on a speaking tour. It was good to provide a way station and some R&R for him. Mike is the guy I attribute my own personal political awareness to. I remember he was explaining something to me about Dennis Hastert and I asked him who that was. He looked at me like I should have known better. Ever since then, I have tried to be very aware of what happens in DC and the world around me. The last time I spoke with him was when he returned from Venezuela, after bolting down there when his office in Oregon had gotten ransacked... He was a bit rattled and I think sickly. I would google his name and find another web site (FTW and then Collapse) attributed to his name. I had mostly lost touch by then. I read later Mike had killed himself. I felt sick and saddened, and a piece of my heart went out to him.... from Boulder, Chuck Myntti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back too many memories. Miss you Mike.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.